Filter by Category
in Business & Skills Training
with Sanford Community Adult Education
We now offer Career Navigation, in conjunction with the Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan! Our Career Navigator, Kate Points, is connected with resources around the county and the state to help people get into sustainable careers and reduce barriers to employment.
When you work with Kate, you can expect personal career guidance support. Are you looking for a different work situation and aren't sure what your next steps should be? Are you looking for training opportunities or an apprenticeship? Do you want to get a certification? Whatever your career goals, Kate can help!
Contact Kate today!
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Certification
with Jessica Trimmer, Windham/Raymond Adult Education
Offered by Woodford's Family Services
Make a difference in a child’s life as a BHP. Behavioral health services are vital to Maine’s children with intellectual disabilities, autism and mental health disorders, and to their families.This online training will equip you to help children who are receiving behavioral health services and to prepare for local employment through social services providers.
Start anytime, finish at your own pace.
Includes 12 online modules and 12 hours of live, virtual instruction, bloodborne pathogens training. An online child & adult first aid & CPR training is available if needed. The entire training takes about 45 hours to complete. You must be 18 years of age or older upon completion of the course, and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Register on our website for information. Our Career and College Access Coordinator, Jessica Trimmer, will connect you with Woodford’s Family Services to begin the training.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Program - CCMA Interest List
with Gray-New Gloucester Adult Education
For more information about our Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Program, please register here and we will contact you! This is an interest list only registration. When we have a class starting, we will contact you.
For students who want to prepare for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in healthcare. This program trains students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, diagnostic testing, technical aspects of phlebotomy and the cardiac life cycle. Includes hands on labs and a clinical externship opportunity at a local healthcare provider. To be eligible for clinical rotation, students must successfully complete the 140 hour program, submit to a thorough background check, drug screening and meet other requirements. Note: Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination.
Class location and schedules vary.
Certified Nurses Assistant - CNA Interest List
with Gray-New Gloucester Adult Education
For more information about our Certified Nursing Assistant Program, please register here and we will contact you! This is an interest list. This is an interest list only registration. When we have a class starting, we will contact you.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career in the medical field, this course will provide you with the skills and experiences to be Maine State Certified as a Nursing Assistant. This regional collaboration has allowed us to offer this course at a reduced cost! Skills will be taught in an interactive classroom setting, and a two-week clinical experience will follow. The course will focus on nursing theory and application, including basic anatomy, physiology, and clinical performance. The course will also introduce you to several employers within our region. Prerequisites: students must successfully pass the CASAS testing and interview screening in order to be admitted to the program. Applicants are encouraged to job shadow a CNA before interviewing. Documentation of a recent medical physical, conducted and signed by a physician, is required before clinical. Students must produce evidence of the following vaccinations: Hep B1, MMR, Tetanus, Chicken Pox, TB and flu shot. Fee for background check is non-refundable.
New classes begin frequently!
Medical Office Specialist
with Academy of Medical Professions, MSAD 52 Adult & Community Education
This certification program will teach you the practical real-world skills essential for success in the healthcare field.
This completely inclusive course consists of Medical Terminology, Medical Front Office Skills, EHR/EMR for the Medical Office and the Administrative Medical Assistant.
You will learn MedTrak electronic records system used in many medical offices. In addition, upon completion of all courses, you will sit for your CMAA (Certified Medical Administrative Assistant) Examination and CBCS (Certified Billing Specialist) through the National Health career Association and you will receive a certificate of medical billing through the Academy of Medical Professions.
HERE is the LINK:
Academy of Medical Professions
with Academy of Medical Professions, RSU16 Adult Education
Careers in Healthcare! Many options are available for attending or viewing classes. Payment plans are also available! FMI, contact Academy of Medical Professions at 866-516-8274 or visit www.academyofmedicalprofessions.com
• Dental Assisting w/ RHS Certification • Clinical Medical Assistant with CCMA • Medical Coding with CPC Certification • Medical Transcription Certificate Program • Medical Office Specialist with CMAA & Billing Certification • Pharmacy Technician Certification w/ PTCB • Phlebotomy w/ CPT Certification (VA, WIA, Aspire, Career Center, Department of Labor and DHHS approved vendor)
Behavioral Health Professional Certification
with Woodfords Family Services, Bangor Adult & Community Education
Our community is looking for individuals who want to make a difference in a child's life. Children's Behavioral Health Services are vital to Maine''s children with Intellectual Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health Disorders and their families. And the need in our area is great! As an integral part of the child’s treatment team, a Certified Behavioral Health Professional (BHP). For more information, contact Jeffrey Carpenter, Workforce Recruitment Specialist. 207-653-0907. firstname.lastname@example.org has the opportunity to make an immediate impact while helping a child grow and develop to their full potential. We are excited to connect our community with this wonderful ONLINE training and certificate program. This training will prepare you for employment through local social services agencies and equip you to work with children who qualify for services. The program can be started at any time and finished at your own pace. You will complete 12 online modules then three 4-hour live (in-person or virtual) sessions. Once the modules are completed, you will receive free online blood borne pathogen training and Child and Adult First Aid & CPR certification. In just 40 hours, our remote training program can get you certified and on your way to a life-changing profession. Must be a Maine resident, and at least 18 years old with a high school diploma (or equivalent) to become certified. Cost: $25 (administrative fee)
Medical Office Specialist with Medical Billing
with Academy of Medical Professions, MSAD#1 Adult & Community Education
● CMAA WITH MEDICAL BILLING- (16 weeks) This course will teach you everything you need to successfully pass the CMAA exam through the National Healthcareer Association and includes a Certificate for Medical Billing through AMP. Classes are held once a week for 3 hours. You will learn health information in the medical office, billing and coding procedures, financial and practice management and administrative duties. In addition, we take you through the “virtual medical office” to help you develop critical thinking and decision-making skills that you will need on the job. This program gives you the opportunity to practice “real” medical assisting skills before you start working in the real world. You will perform actual administrative duties like managing patient scheduling in a multi-doctor practice, complete actual medical office forms, practice taking phone messages, and transcribing doctor’s notes. You will learn HIPAA compliance and hands-on practical use of this program from both the administrative and clinical perspective. This course is designed for those already in medical office administration or those looking to enter the medical front office field as a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, Transcriptionist or Medical Coder.
● MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL (36 weeks) - This course includes Medical Office Specialist course (Certified Medical Administrative Assistant) as well as all of the Medical Billing & Coding with CPC, leaving you with 2 national certifications. It also includes our program at a discounted rate. The program begins with Terminology/A&P and CMAA and then you begin the Coding program at week 17. The discounted program can be found on the enrollment form labeled Medical Professional and would include the books provided below as well as for the coding course:
BOOKS INCLUDED ARE:
• Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD10 Coding
• Medical Office Administration
• Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office