MSAD 52 Adult & Community Education
American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training with Pediatric First Aid CPR
with Judith Emch, MSAD 52 Adult & Community Education
Students ages 11-15 will learn to make good decisions when caring for infants and children. Explore safety in a variety of situations and learn how to provide CPR plus First Aid in case of an emergency. Includes a nationally recognized certification, a take-home book & CD/ROM.
Certified Nursing Assistant • ONLY $400!
This program runs for 15 weeks!
Regional Program Tues & Wed February 5th 4-8:30pm
Genesis Healthcare Partnership Thurs & Fri March 7th 11am-5pm
Fridays: 6 a.m. -2 p.m.
Call 225-1010 to learn more!
Seeking a challenging and rewarding career in the medical field? This course provides you with the skills and experiences to become a Maine State Certified Nursing Assistant. A regional collaboration of Androscoggin County Adult Education programs has allowed us to offer this course at a reduced cost.
Skills will be introduced in an interactive classroom setting with a 2-week clinical experience to follow. Focus is on nursing theory and application, basic anatomy, physiology. and clinical performance. An introduction to several employers within our region is a plus! Only completed applications can be considered - Enroll now!
Prerequisites: Students must successfully pass the CASAS testing and interview screening in order to be admitted to the program. Documentation of a recent physical, conducted and signed by a physician, is required before clinical. Students must produce evidence of the following vaccinations: Hep B1, MMR, Tetanus, Chicken Pox, TB and flu shot. Fee for background check is non-refundable.
The Academy of Medical Professions Courses
The Academy of Meidcal Professions (AMP) is a licensed Proprietary School certified in Maine. Started in 1996 in Topsham, maine as Transcription Associates, Inc. School of Medical Transcription.
Complete correspondence/online courses with lectures provided through streaming audio or recorded live classes at your leisure.
- Dental Assistant - a 10 week certificate program for one of the most high demand careers!
- Medical Coding - Medical Biller and Coders are in high demand. Basic computer knowledge is a must. Many offices use the Internet and are willing to provide you with their billing programs to install on your home computer allowing you to work from home.
- Certificed Group Exercise & Personal Trainer - learn everything you need to know to enter the health & fitness field as a group instructor and/or personal trainer.
- Medical Transcription Certificate - a highly desierd field for people trying to work from home. Strong typing, computer, and English grammar skills are essential.
Additional training is offered in other high-demand jobs!
- Phlebotomy with CPT
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Hospital Billing & Coding
- Medical Coding
Classes are held at the Turner Adult Learning Center. For more information, please call Academy of Medical Professions at 866-516-8274 or 207-721-0714. Mention MSAD 52!
or email: email@example.com